May has been a lovely month. Sure, the weather has been insane giving us a hot summer day one week and then freezing winter rain the following week, but I’ve been embracing it all as this is my last month in New York City. I wrapped up my last week at work, went to New Orleans and Pennsylvania, and then took my first real staycation. Time slips by ever so quickly, but I’ve tried my best to slow down, take it as it comes, do creative work, cook nourishing food, and enjoy my last days with this city and all the people in it that I love. But it’s not goodbye, New York. It’s see-you-later.
- I’m always intrigued by what other people eat. This is what a week of groceries looks like around the world.
- I’ve never thought about making jello from scratch and not those nasty powder mixes. Lemonade Jelly with Basil! (Is it bad that I’m already plotting how to put vodka in this?)
- I need this cookie sweater in my life.
- I hope this awesome giant rubber ducky is still in Hong Kong when I get there…
- …but I don’t think I can handle it if it deflates again. I might cry.
- Why are sloths such creepy/hilarious/wonderful animals?